"An unrecoverable error has occurred" or "Money has encountered a problem and needs to close"error messages
You may receive this error message, which will come in the one of the formats below:
An unrecoverable error has occurred.
Money X has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Where X is the major version number of Money that is installed (Article 92
When you click "Click here" you see a reference to ModName: mnyob99.dll
or ModName: uparser2.dll
These errors are caused by one of the following problems:
- The Msxml.dll files are corrupted or are not registered correctly.
- The Microsoft Internet Explorer settings are incorrect.
- The installation of Money is corrupted.
Msxml.dll files are corrupted
The first issue can be resolved (on Windows XP) by the following commands:
- Click on Start and then 'Run...' and put the following commands in the window:
- Restart Money
- If the issue is not fixed, download and install MSXML. You'll need three components:
- Re-register the MSXML DLL files as above
Internet Explorer settings are incorrect
In IE, Click Tools->Internet Options->Security. Click on the Internet picture and then click Default Level. Next click on the 'Advanced' option and click 'Restore Defaults', and then OK.
The installation of Money is corrupted
You'll need to reinstall Money - see Article 102
Keywords: MDAC, MSXML, Unrecoverable, mnyob99.dll, Restore